Sunday, September 2, 2012

Cherry blossom

This teapot is another double walled teapot. I think it was the 3rd or 4th teapot that I made during this challenge that was also a double walled teapot. I prefer this one :).  I love cherry blossoms and this is my take on the tree.  This will be the first time I add a handle on after the whole teapot is finnished.  I find myself saying that phrase ("this is the first time I've...") a lot in this blog.  I think that's a good thing. It's kinda what this blog is about.  About the handle, I haven't made up my mind yet, but one of my favorite potters (www.goodelephantpottery.com) just published a blog about making your own cane handles. I'd love to make my own handle as opposed to buying one. I also talked to a potter at the ann arbor art fair who uses electrical wire...it was really cool.









3 comments:

  1. The last pic is an in progress picture :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know I usually say this about whatever you make, but THIS time I really mean it ;] . . . beautiful Sarah, just beautiful!

      Delete
  2. Is this one sold yet? How much?? LOVE IT TOO!

    ReplyDelete