Sunday, June 17, 2012

"Quickie"~ A 15 min Teapot

This is something I've been wanting to try for a long time: a quickie! Haha get your mind outta the gutter!  I'm talking about creating a teapot from start to finnish as quickly as possible, and have it still look good!  I created an awesome video for you guys, and then deleted it on accident! Grrrrr (I was like...NNNOOOOOOOO and then just froze thinking there had to be a way to get it back...nope). So, ill tell you instead. 

I created this teapot from one lump of clay and threw "off the hump".  I threw the body, then spout, then lid, and also threw the handle (which was a large ring or donut.)

After all the pieces where thrown (still within the 15mins), I assembled the pieces.  This was difficult because of how wet the clay was.  And there you have a 15 min teapot.  Iguess this is kind of like quick, timed sketches (usually of live models) that drawing artists do.  I'm happy that I got to try this challenge out, and the teapot is cool too!

I especially like the lid!  Always see these lids, but I've never made one :).  Pretty good for being under presure of the clock...and speaking of "the clock" its 11:43 and I just made it by 17mins to be on time for this week's teapot! Fewf!

Published with Blogger-droid v2.0.6

No comments:

Post a Comment