Sunday, January 22, 2012

The First of Many!




The first teapot is done and drying now!  I'm really excited about this one.  There are 7 pieces attached together to make this fun teapot: handle, spiral on the handle, lid, knob on the lid, body, spout, and the foot. 
Likes:  The carved detail, super tall foot, stylized handle, long, narrow spout.
Dislikes:  Handle too thin, spout has all-of-a-sudden angle (i'd like it more gradual), foot might be too tall.
Overall: success! I like it so far.  It has a feeling of exoticness. haha if that's even a word :).  It makes me feel like if i had tea with this pot it would be for a special occation.
This teapot will probably dry for a week and a half then i'll bisque fire it, then glaze it.  I'll upoad more, nicer, pics when it's finnished and glazed.
Anyone have any ideas for glazing options??
 i have a few....but am open to suggestions :).  I want to utilize the carved lines for someting.  I was thinking black but i have a new light blue and alabaster glaze i'm dying to try out.

No comments:

Post a Comment