Saturday, January 28, 2012

Numero Dos Finished!

So the second teapot is finished! So far there has been no cracking whatsoever so, cross your fingers! I've already learned soooo much. The fist teapot was too dry when I started to attach everything. This is why it stared to crack. I am bisque firing the first teapot right now and I'm still not sure how to glaze it :/. Any ideas? Anyways, back to the teapot at hand... I am much more satasfied with this teapot.

Likes: craftmanship is much better, more attention to detail, the lid is a perfect fit, a new style of handle for me, also a new lid! I usally trim the lid and then add a knob and with this lid I trimmed the knob out of the lid. In other words I only took away clay to creat the knob, which means I started with a super thick lid! I also made a little handless teacup to go with this teapot.

Dislikes: its kinda cheating(a recall to a previous teapot~ there are differences and this pot is better ha), I wish the lid sat down more in the body of the pot~ lower, I wish the spout matchexd the octagon~ness of the body.

We are already getting somewhere! I hope this enthusiasm lasts a long time!  I have an idea for the next pot~ think victorian and detailed!


Published with Blogger-droid v2.0.4

No comments:

Post a Comment