Sunday, March 4, 2012

Seeing Double

Well, there it is...the double walled teapot.  Hopefully it doesn't crack.  I did my best so that's all I can do.  The spout is already twisting! Haha so I'm going to have to handbuild it from now on if I don't want the twist.  I hope this teapot is successful.  I'm also beginning to doubt my choice of the cut out portion now...the teapot is so angular and the cut out so round. Maybe it balances in this way?  I do love the little accents I added to the ends of the handle and around that ledge area...these accents are what made me choose the cut out design.  The teapot is pretty heavy so that's a downside :/.  But I love the handle! I like the shap of the pot too, truth be told I think I liked it more before I cut it out!  But it had the double wall so I had to utilize it.  I think ill use this shape again!  It looks like some distant palace no one's allowed to enter! Haha as always...let's hope the glazing complements these qualities!


Just an update on the other teapots: they are drying and could be fired, but I don't quite have a full kiln load yet so I'm waiting to bisque(first fire) them until I can fully load my kiln :).


Published with Blogger-droid v2.0.4

1 comment:

  1. This teapot is just plain fun. . . .slight spout twist and all . . . I am really itching to see what you glaxe this with.

    ReplyDelete