Saturday, March 10, 2012

Spouty

Just finnished the 7th teapot :) .  I like it's oversized spout.  I handbuilt the spout so that it wouldn't twist in the firing.  I was going to make it more tubular (as if it were thrown on the wheel) but that ridge started forming on the "back" of the spout so I enhanced it and kept it!  I think the line echos the line around the belly of the pot so that's why I kept it.  I really like this teapot, but it almost seems too simple...I so badly wanted to carve doodles into it or something...anything! But I resisted the urge to clutter it all up and decided on simple and the whole "less is more" strategy.  I think I can add a little more to it with the glazing end of this process.  I want to thank my wonderful friend debbie w for the inspiration on this teapot.  It's not exactly like the stunning red one she sent a pic of, but its an inspiration from the photo :).  I had to put my spin on it (spout).  If anyone has any suggestions on glaze (color or application) for this teapot, or any others, please comment here or on facebook!  Thanks to everyone who reads these!


I'm planning on bisque firing this weekend...so....ill be glazing the pod teapot and rosemary teapot (possibly the double walled one) along with some new pitchers and some plates for an online order this comming week!  Yay! So, check back for pics!  I hope everyones been enjoying our nice weather, I have! :) take care


Published with Blogger-droid v2.0.4

No comments:

Post a Comment