Sunday, July 1, 2012

The Little Mermaid

<p>Ok...if you don't know about my love for Disney's "The Little Mermaid", you don't know me very well! I love that movie and more specifically, Ariel. That movie is what prompted my collection of mermaids! I just love them. Are they real? I don't kno, but they're beautiful, seductive, and mystical. This mermaid teapot is inspired by Ariel, but not her. (Ariel has shells!) This mermaid is just a mermaid, not a replica of anyone. It is composed of thrown and handbuilt parts and FUNCTIONAL! The mouth is the spout and tail is the handle. The conch shell is the topper to the lid! I threw the rock on the wheel and also the mermaid body (bottomless Cylinder). I pulled the tail/handle and hand built the rest, hollowing out the upperbody and head so the tea can travel out the mouth. I am extatic with this teapot. I love mermaids and teapots so...win, win! Glazing will be tricky and could ruin it, but let's not think about that yet! Haha

2 comments:

  1. Loving this. Great Job!!! We need mermaids at the Fish!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Good idea. Ill create some for the gallery!

      Delete