Sunday, July 15, 2012

Clouds and Rain

This weeks teapot was inspired by one of my books on cd's.  I listen to books now because I was feeling guilty for reading for hours instead of throwing. Haha so I "read" the book "peony in love" which is an asian story about girls literally dying for love sickness...wow. anyways in this book the author and characters refer to the act of making love with the term "clouds and rain" the author just puts this so delicately it inspired me.  The carvings on this teapot are the clouds I visualized. The author talks about the building of the clouds before the rain comes and that's why I put the clouds building up to the spout.  When you pour the tea, that's the "rain".  I lov this teapot.  Good balance, good lid, awesome spout and handle, sentamental meaning...it'll be hard to sell this one! :)







1 comment: