Sunday, April 1, 2012

Cutting it close!

It's bad when I was thinking of a title for this blog and I had to second guess myself to see if I've already used this same procrastination themed title...uggg.  well at least I made it!...by midnight! Woohoooo!  This teapot came into my head on Tuesday morning and I've been sketching it out all week, however, only now have I made it. :)  I have a lot of excuses as to why I was so late in getting this teapot up, but ill spare (the three people who read this blog )the "tea"tails...hahahahaha I'm tired and obviously crazy...


This teapot started out as a bowl that I shaped into a taco!  It's sort of like the darting teapot, in that the initial shape is nothing like the end result.  Lately, I've been having more fun with the assembly than the throwing...which is interesting, since I love the throwing process.  I think I just like the transformation(plus I've been making dinnerware sets in my sleep, which don't get my wrong, is awesome and a blessing, but. A bit repeatative)


As far as glazing goes, it looks kind of like a sun to me so idk, maybe something scenic.  April 20th is fast approaching, which is the deadline to submit entries for the Larke publications 500 Teapots book! Ahhhhh I want to have a piece in there sooo bad.  Soon, ill want people to start voting on their favorites.  :)


Published with Blogger-droid v2.0.4

1 comment:

  1. Oh my . . .that's why I love you and love being your Nana! This teapot reflects your mood . . .just a weebit crazy. So cute!!! I fully understand your delight in the creation process . . I get that too in all facets of my weaving. Deadlines can be crazy-making,but you have to admit they make you step up and get'er done. I think your sun'rise' idea is entirely apropo for morning tea. Having said that I am off to my sunrise chair with my morning hot beverage [shhh . . .coffee!]

    ReplyDelete