Monday, April 16, 2012

Thumbelina

teeny weeny! Yep...if you think making small this is easier...think again! Haha I threw these pieces on the wheel as a challenge to myself and for a contest...and this blog haha. Lots of reasons there.  A long time ago, I made little coffee mug earrings on the potters wheel and I was so proud that I had made something so tiny, well, I'm even more proud now :).  As if teapots weren't difficult enough, now let's make 'em mini! Haha I saw a call for entry in one of my pottery magazines that asked for pottery that can fit into a cone box.  This call of entry reminded me of my earrings, but this time I wanted to make a teapot!  Also, one of my students, Abbi, suggested I make a mini teapot a couple weeks ago. So....for all these reasons, I've made this mini pot :).  I think ill put little spiral feet on her and do something with the lid.  Trimming this piece will definitely be the toughest part!  Also, something so small will be difficult to glaze! Something simple would be best, I think!


Published with Blogger-droid v2.0.4

No comments:

Post a Comment