Monday, April 9, 2012

Fresh From the Kiln

April 20th is right around the corner.  This means I have to decide on 4 of my pots to submit for the new 500 teapots book by lark publications.  Any input and favorites is appreciated!  Having said all that, I'm please with the way this glaze firing went.  I love the white on with the blue and big handle.  The blue did crazy cool stuff on top of the white :).  I also love the first one pictured.  The brown/black with the dark blue and lines gives it a very masculine feel.  Which is interesting because I felt it was so womanly with all the curves.  I tried a technique called mishima.  Well, I sort of did...I don't fully understand it yet but where you see the lines, I carved out the dark glaze and glazed over it with white, then added the blue.  Idk...its my take on mishima. Ha. The NBC news teapot (that's what I'm calling the double walled one because...well...that's what it looks like) is good. I like it. I don't love it.  And I have the big green one. Ha its not the glazing its just the overall shape and huge spout and handle. :)


Ok, so there you have it.  Four new babies.  I'm off to go price photographers...so any input on which four would be appreciated!  Thanks!


Published with Blogger-droid v2.0.4

1 comment:

  1. You are asking the impossible . . . I like the double walled teapot you just finished and I like the elegant 'victorian look" teapot with the slip design . . .and I like every single one of the others . . . and I like the little one with the fat handle you just finished.[mainly because of the pretty glaze and the daring design! therefore i am probably no help.If you get to pick four of them to send in then those first two I mentioned have my votes to be included. Better start asking others for their input as I find it very difficult to pick favorites!!!!

    ReplyDelete