Friday, May 4, 2012

Four Teapots!

Ok, whell I'm officially a full time potter now! I'm taking the plung! I'm scared excited! Haha I just feel like its the only thing to do! Anyways, so I had time to make 4 teapots this week :).  I also made 12 mugs, 2 pitchers, 4 huge decorative/serving plates, a bowl and a bree baker! Ya, I know I'm pumped up!! I'm learning so much and I feel that this blog was a huge part of my encouragement to jump! So these four teapots are just expansions of my fong choo inspiration! I like the idea of working on something ( an idea) that I can stretch and expand on.  I'm really liking the swirls, mini teapots, lines, crazy(not so functional) spouts, and pushing in the sides of the pot so that it looks plump or like its moving :).  I like the little feet too!


I've been thinking about my final show a lot lately. I need a venue! Any ideas? I was also thinking of setting each pot on a stand with the printout and sketch from its blog post. I'm thinking about how I personify each one and how id like to give each pot its own mini show within the show. Like dramatic lighting and the blog post and a very black tie feel. I want it to be so special for them. Haha it sounds weird, but these teapots are the closest thing to children I have...haha... and I want them to look their best! I also think thhey should be in chronological order, so everyone can see the story and growth.


What a beautiful day today!


Oh ya! So... I got to participate in a wood firing yesterday with my friend deb! Yes, it was awesome.  Ill post pics in the next post :) checkout my etsy shop at www.sarahmics.etsy.com to see more of my pottery!


Published with Blogger-droid v2.0.4

No comments:

Post a Comment