Friday, May 11, 2012

Wood firing results

Soooo cool. What a great day. I was just so pleasently suprised with the results of the firing.  I thought they would be orange and they are blue and gray with green! How amazing. There was no glaze on these pots when they went in that kiln. The beautiful colors and sheen is from the wood ash, soda, and carbon trapping.  In the last pic you can see the little balls hanging off. Those are called wadding. In my electric kiln at my studio, I use wax so the pot doesnt stick to the shelf if the glaze runs, byt in a woodkiln, everything gets glazed! Even the bricks look pretty! Haha so, we use wadding to prop up the pot so it doesnt stick to the shelves in the kiln.  I couldnt really be mire pleased :).  My favorite is the taller one. Im just so thankful I got to be a part of this experience and that I got to meet a bunch of great potters from all over the u.s.! Thanks again, Justin!


Published with Blogger-droid v2.0.4

No comments:

Post a Comment