Sunday, May 20, 2012

More mini

This teapot turned out to be a pleasent surprise.  I put it off until Saturday! This is the first teapot that I didn't have any idea of what it was going to turn out like. I just grabbed a piece of clay and threw the lid and then the spout of the hump.  Then, with the remaining clay, I threw a bottomless cylinder.  When the clay was leather hard on top, I connected tbe bottom and the top retained its circular shap and the bottom was still wet enough to join properly.  At this point the teapot looked like a coin purse.  I rolled the outter corners in on themselves to act like feet and then assembled the spout and handle.  It is a coil handle and looked like it! Ha not good. So I added the texture with a wood screw :).  I trimmed the lid in such a way that it could also double as a cup :).  This is one teapot I'm very pleased all around with.  It seems like the best ones happen with little or no planning. (Maybe because I done have any expectaions lol) have a great week!


Published with Blogger-droid v2.0.4

No comments:

Post a Comment