Sunday, May 13, 2012

Up and over

I think sometimes we or I get caught up in a certain way things have to be done.  And sometimes there is one way, but in respect to my teapots...there are millions of ways to do things. I say this because I love doing over the top handles (I mean this literally, I'm not saying my handles are "over the top" in Awesomeness haha) but the lid usually gets in the way.  With this teapot...hello...I just cut out the spot that was causing me issues! Duh! I like how it looks too.  And it helps stabilize the lid when pouring or anytime! Yes! Haha no feet on this pot, but I am loving this spout design. Do you? 


I like the swirls on the body of the pot, but (for some reason) they intimidate me when glazing.  Not sure if the topper on the lid goes with this design, but, individually, I love that topper.  I pull the topper, just like I pull the handles, so to me they match ha.


Just glazed and now firing some other mini teapots, so look for those soon.  I'm low firing right now (cone 05) because I can't get my kiln to cone 6.  Also, with the whole quitting my job and starting my own business I am forcing myself to use my "old glazes".  This was discouraging at first (which is why I haven't glazed those teapots til now), but I'm forcing my creativity...and its working :).  Sure I've got some duds, but I feel I am on the verge of greatness! Haha...it sounds rediculous...but I do have a sense of encouragment and excitement.  Everythings gonna be ok... Also, check out my online shop to see other things I make (I don't only make teapots!) Www.sarahmics.etsy.com


Published with Blogger-droid v2.0.4

No comments:

Post a Comment