Monday, February 6, 2012

Arabian Carnival!

When I first started this very first teapot, I thought of it as an Arabian style teapot.  This project taught me the power of glazing. Glazing controls the mood of the pot.  I think this teapot still works. Its amazing that it started out so strongly "one way" and ended equally strong "another way". Ha or maybe is the perfect teapot for an Arabian carnival! Haha either way, I love myh new glazes I tried out on this piece. The blue is strong, but soft and the white is sooo creamy. I love the blue and cream together.  I am a little dissapointed with the outcome of the black walnut glaze I diligently rubbed into the carvings. You can kind of see it, but my intention was to have it stronger.  Maybe it was a blessing because the strong blackish brown lines could have been too strong. Oh well.  The teapot started cracking before I even bisqued it right by the spout and handle and I tried to fix it but you can see the hairline cracks if you look close.  I am so lucky the "white" turned out cream because now it looks a little antique~ish and the little cracks don't bother me too much asthetically.  Functionally, it wouldn't be as strong as it could. But the cracks are just hairline and I see this piece as a display teapot, not everyday! Haha. Overall, for the first one of many, I am more than pleased with this teapot! (The rest of the kiln load came out just as beautiful)


Published with Blogger-droid v2.0.4

No comments:

Post a Comment