Saturday, February 25, 2012

Cutting it Close

And there you have it!....the evolution of (dance,dance~haha ;) to carlos) of this teapot.  The assembling of every part took almost 4 hrs! Haha my neck and back hurt from the whole process. Anyways, its worth it because I love it! This isn't the finnished look. I just threw some little rings to put on the bottom for a foot ring.  This will help stabilize the pot. I tried shaving some off the bottom to flatten it for a base, but it still makes me nervous, so I made the foot rings.  They are hardening up right now, then ill attach them.  I added about 20 coild and scored the crap outta this thing so if it cracks I'm gonna freakout. Haha no, but I will be sad. Its "tucked in" right now (under plastic) to slow the drying process and it is laying on its side to relieve and stress.  It is also on foam with extra foam under the areas that need it to reduce more stress. Lol this teapot is high maintenance.


Published with Blogger-droid v2.0.4

1 comment:

  1. Incredible . . .as I s-l-o-w-l-y scrolled down through your pictures I had no idea of where you were headed. The end result is astonishing!!! I can't wait to see it finished. . .you have a deep well of creativity and seeing this creation I have no doubt at all that you will easily come up with 48[?] more teapots by year's end. Such fun . . .

    ReplyDelete