Saturday, February 18, 2012

Parsley, Sage, ROSEMARY, and Thyme!

Ok...I've been listening to too much simon and garfunkle! Bhaha NOT! That's not possible. Haha I got a terrible migraine this week...3days long! But I still produced this beauty.  Although, it also looks like an artichoke. Haha the glazing can hopefully turn it around to a definative rose teapot! Haha I was going to smooth the petals out and spendhours smoothing, but my very awesome boyfriend suggested I leave the texture. I'm glad I did now. The handle is my favorite part! Its a combo of handbuilt slab and adding a coil on the end and then pulling that coil into the handle part. I love how organic it turned out.  I glazed the other two teapots today and they are in the kiln now!  I'm super excited to see their outcome.  It was a very very very long week, but today makes it all worth while.  It is beautiful out, I'm dying my hair, kiln is going with exciting potential, got to sleep in, finnished this weeks teapot on time, going to see my grandparents and possibly pick up a new wheel.....ahhhhhhh! Life is good! 


Published with Blogger-droid v2.0.4

1 comment:

  1. Amazing Sarah. You are so full of creativity, it even bubbles out in a week with a three day migraine!!

    ReplyDelete