Wednesday, February 1, 2012

A "Slip"pery Slope

Ok. Slip trailing is amazing! It totally makes this teapot. It adds a certail antique~ness haha to the form. I love it :]. Luckaly I saved an old hair dye bottle and that's what I filled with slip! I used my old water from some plates I had just thrown and dumped most of the water in my reclaim bucket and vola! Slip was left on the bottom! I then pushed the slip through some old lace I had to get rid of any chunks and I had a wonderful paste called slip! It was perfect. I prolly just lucked out but I thought it'd be more difficult. Anyways I just didn't know where to stop! Its such a fun technique, but a very slippery slope because too much looks horrible. Haha so hopefully I didn't slide down that slope. I love this teapot I just hope everything goes well from here on out :)


Published with Blogger-droid v2.0.4

1 comment:

  1. So beautiful . . .slightly victorian, I would say, and somewhere in English literature there was a doormouse who lived in a teapot exactly like yours. You are right, too much turns it into "kitch" . . .and overkill. Perfect as it is . . .so glad you are having fun

    ReplyDelete